The Red Ribbon Club (RRC) is a Voluntary on-campus intervention program for students in educational Institutions. It is initiated and supported by the Goa State AIDS Control Society and implemented through multi-sectoral collaboration, particularly, using the services of cadre officers of the State’s National Service Scheme (NSS).
The Red Ribbon Club of St. Joseph Vaz College Cortalim Goa is the 165th RRC under the Goa State AIDS Control Society (GSACS) and has been setup and inaugrated on 07 March 2022.
Objectives of RRCs
- To reduce new HIV infection among youth by raising their risk perception through awareness on Sex, Sexuality and HIV / AIDS.
- To induce among youth the spirit to help and support people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) thereby reducing stigma and discrimination against PLHAs.
- To motivate youth and build their capacity as peer educators and change agents by developing their skills on leadership, negotiation, and team building.
- To promote voluntary non-remunerated blood donation among youth.
- Since 2007, 143 Red Ribbon Clubs (RRCs) have been established in various educational Institutions in Goa.
St. Joseph Vaz College Cortalim Goa also wishes to contribute in educating young minds and creating awareness among youth, essential topics about health and contributing to the betterment of society and our community.