Manali Sunil Acharya
B.Sc. in Computer Science (Dhempe College of Arts & Science), M. L. I. Sc. (IGNOU), NET, SET
Year of Joining: 2022
- Survey on Green Library initiatives in Goa academic colleges for long-term eco-friendly libraries (Submitted to the Journal of Information and Knowledge, a UGC-CARE listed journal, on May 27, 2023, currently awaiting publication).
- Exploring the Integration of Information Literacy Skills in Pedagogy: A Collaborative Approach between Education and Library Science (Submitted to The Indian Journal of Open Learning, a well-regarded journal endorsed by the University Grants Commission and featured in the UGC-CARE list, on December 11, 2023, currently awaiting publication).
- Presented a research paper titled Information Seeking Practices of the Students in Academic College Libraries of Goa: A Survey at the One Day National Conference on “Transformation of Higher Education Libraries in the Digital Environment” Held at Dyanprassarak Mandal’s College and Research Center(DMC). The conference was organised by the Library and Information Centre in association with the Goa College Librarians Associations (GCLA) and the Karnataka State College Librarians Association (KSCLA) on 17th Jun 2022.
- Presented a research paper titled Challenges Faced and Opportunities created out of them by academic college libraries in Goa due to sudden outbreak of Covid-19 Pandemic at the One Day National Conference on the theme Modern Libraries: Recent Trends, Challenges and Opportunities held at Conference Hall, Administrative Bldg, Goa University on 8th July 2022.
- Presented a research paper titled Smart Libraries: Harnessing Technology for Enhanced User Experience and Services at the One Day National Conference on the theme Modern Libraries: Recent Trends, Challenges and Opportunities held at Multipurpose Hall, Sanskruti Bhavan, Patto, Panaji Goa on 12th August 2023.
- Paper selected and presented as Poster Presentation Submission No. 107 on 26th October 2023 titled The Impact of ETDs on Academic tasks in Goa: A User Experience Perspective for the 26th International Symposium of Theses and Dissertations, ETD 2023 held at the INFLIBNET Centre, Gandhinagar from 26th – 28th October, 2023.
- Presented a research paper titled Enhancing User Engagement-A Comprehensive Survey of Approaches and Best practices in Academic College Libraries in Goa at the NACLIN 2023 – 26th National Convention on Knowledge, Library and Information Networking. Reinventing and Revitalising Libraries: From Striving to Thriving organised by DELNET in collaboration with GOA University. Held on 22nd -24th Nov 2023 in the E-Block, Goa University.
- Research paper titled The Impact of ETDs on Academic tasks in Goa: A User Experience Perspective has been selected for Paper Presentation at the International Conference on “Empowering Minds: Collaborative Learning Platform for Teachers, Librarians and Researchers” (AGNESLIBCONF 2024) to be held from 11th to 13th Jan 2024 at Auditorium, St Agnes College (Autonomous) on 12th Jan 2024.
- Attended Koha 2.0 Library Automation Software workshop
- Attended KOHA two Days National level Workshop on Koha Library Automation Software
- Attended National Workshop on Implementation of National Digital Library Club
- Attended National Workshop on Do’s and Don’ts in Developing Institutional Repositories in College Libraries using Dspace.
- Attended Workshop on NEP 2020 : Multidisciplinary and Holistic Education
- Attended Enabling Innovation in 21st Century Institutions: The Tech Stack Strategies for Libraries” by M G Sreekumar
- Attended session of Har Ghar Dhyaan an initiative of Ministry of Culture, Govt of India held at Darbar Hall of Raj Bhavan Goa on 27th Jan 2023, as a Meditation Ambassador.
- Attended Five Days National Level Research Methodology Workshop on Quantitative Techniques in Social Sciences
- Attended Webinar on “Fostering Research & Innovation in Institutions for Strengthening Tomorrow” by Dr Krishna Venkatesh”
- Attended International Webinar on “Chat GPT : Its Impact on Higher Education & Academic Libraries”
- Attended Koha Online Practical Training on 1 April-Mr. Sunil Kumar & Miss Manpreet Kaur from BBB technical team
- Attended DELNET-British Council Lecture “Library Partnerships in an Age of Openness”
- Attended DELNET- Celebrating Global Librarianship: Strengthening Connections, Collaborations & Competencies
- Attended National Webinar on “E-Resources and Research Skills.
- Attended DELNET Online Programme Webinar on May 11, 2023 at 3:00 PM IST Topic: “Celebrating National Technology Day – Emerging AR/VR Technology for Immersive & Interactive Learning Environment”
- Attended National Webinar on Web Tools for Research and Academic Writing.
- Attended DELNET-LIRC, NIIT University, Neemrana Webinar on “Create Educational Videos using Open Broadcaster Software (OBS)”
- Attended webinar session on Supporting innovation with the right research foundation: How the Web of Science enables research success.
- Attended a Public Webinar: Maximize Your Research Efficiency with ProQuest One Academic.
- Attended The Growing Impact of Older Literature
- Attended a webinar on Web Tools for Research and Academic Writing.
- Participated in 119th Faculty Induction Programme (GURU-DAKSHTA) (Online) held by Human Resource Development Centre at Goa University from 27-09-2023 to 03-11-2023 and obtained A grade.